Want to work in one of the hottest game startups in Helsinki and ship multiple games per year? Is developing games your passion?
We are now looking for an experienced game programmer who wants to take ownership and take a project from prototyping to launch and keep constantly improving on the live game. You will develop the next best, engaging, fun and innovative games while working with other experienced programmers, artists, designers and analysts.
Working mostly in Unity, you’ll be responsible for creating awesome gameplay while driving the dynamic Futureplay mentality of great quality from start to finish. It’s a lot of responsibility and expectations but, at Futureplay, it’s also a lot of fun times and working together towards a shared goal. Join Futureplay, we are looking for you!
- 4+ years of game development experience with mobile focus
- Experience with Unity and C#
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Great teamwork skills
- Understanding the metrics and lifecycle of free-to-play
- Experience in game backends
- Online multiplayer experience
- 3D Math skills
- Optimization for mobile devices
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the most creative gaming startups
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great community working in an exciting and agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Flat hierarchy and support in learning to navigate in it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish gaming veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since we have released five titles that have been played by over 80 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 30 people.
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes Idle Farming Empire, Idle City Empire, Idle Crafting Empire and Idle Tuber Empire - and most recently, Battlelands Royale.
We’re a streamlined, lean organisation with a truly flat structure and a team that lives by only one rule: No bullshit. Everything else follows.