Futureplay is a six-year-old independent Finnish mobile game studio located in Helsinki. We're a small, experienced, and committed group of 37 people working hard to create great mobile games that last. Our latest release Merge Gardens is on track to become a global hit, whilst our portfolio also includes Farm Masters, currently in soft launch, as well as genre stalwarts like Battlelands Royale and Idle Farming Empire.
We are now looking for a Product Manager to support the growth of Merge Gardens. We have an experienced and enthusiastic team, and a solid roadmap. Now we would need a Product Manager to bring critical expertise in the liveops product management.
You will focus on three things:
1. Hands-on liveops
- Designing and running A/B tests
- Designing and optimising offers and sales
- Running and optimising liveops events
- Optimising in-game economy (merge & match-3)
2. Market research
- Analysing our top competitors to understand featuresets, liveops strategies and economies
- Analysing the marketspace to identify trends and map out the competitor space
- Finding good ways to communicate your analyses, and get the team and the whole company inspired by it
3. Data-driven development
- Driving the product roadmap, using market intelligence and data from the game
- Iterating on game-facing dashboards and one-off data analyses
- Using data to improve the financial performance of the game, and empower the team to make good product decisions based on your data analysis
- Supporting the team with project plans and setting goals
In addition to the Merge Gardens team, your closest colleagues will be in our data, player experience, community and marketing teams. You will also regularly share your findings with the whole company. This is a new position at Futureplay and we wish that through your open and no-nonsense type of a personality, you will be able to create a straightforward and effective way of working with the team. Together only the sky's the limit!
We expect you to have strong experience in a game product management role as well as deep understanding of the market and competitor games. You live and breathe mobile games. You have excellent data analysis and mathematical skills, SQL query skills are a plus. You’ve previously managed live mobile games with A/B tests, live events and sales/offers. You have strong project management skills. With your communication skills you’re able to turn complex concepts into easily understandable entities. You have the ability to lead by example and communicate expectations in a low hierarchy organisation. You preferably have a technical degree.
In return, you’ll get:
- True ownership and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
At Futureplay, we're a bunch of free-spirited individuals who get our kicks out of creating great mobile games loved by players the world over.
We launched in 2015 with a vision to release the right games at the right time, ship quickly, and work smart. In the short years since we’ve grown to more than 35 people and our five games have been played more than 125 million times - but more importantly we’ve stayed true to our flat hierarchy.
And we’re big on that: being flat means we’re lean, streamlined and committed to protecting ourselves from hellish corporate structures like middle management. We each own a piece of the company, and every day we all put our heart and soul into making Futureplay that little bit better, with an unrelenting focus on results over processes and taking action. In short? We get shit done.
Building on the success of our Idle Empire portfolio, our game Battlelands Royale was named one of Google Play’s best games of the year. We currently have multiple projects across different genres in early development, and our latest release Merge Gardens, launched autumn 2020, is set to be our biggest hit yet.