Futureplay is a six-year-old independent Finnish mobile game studio located in Helsinki. We're a small, experienced, and committed group of 37 people working hard to create great mobile games that last. Our latest release Merge Gardens is on track to become a global hit, whilst our portfolio also includes Farm Masters, currently in soft launch, as well as genre stalwarts like Battlelands Royale and Idle Farming Empire.
Are you an experienced mobile game product professional with keen interest in the business side of things? Read on because we are looking for a Product Owner for Merge Gardens to bring critical expertise to own the product vision, ensure we hit our business goals and that all stakeholders are managed effectively.
Your main focus will be around the financial and business ownership of Merge Gardens. You will be responsible for
1. Financial & Business Ownership of the product
- Responsibility for product P&Ls, forecasts and targets
- Maintaining and communicating a strong understanding of competitors and the market
- Being able to answer questions like: How well the game is doing as business? Are we doing & focusing on the right things? Are costs on a good level? Are we using UA money wisely?
2. Product vision
- Owning the vision for the game's roadmap & inspire the team and company around it
- Researching market trends in market, competitors, audiences and practices to inform product roadmap and vision
- Communicating the product vision and business goals within team & company-wide
3. Stakeholder collaboration
- Empowering the team to make good decisions by bringing analytical thinking to product decisions
- Acting as a bridge between the game team and UA / Finance / Business teams to streamline the strategy
- Supporting the team with roadmap development and setting goals
- Effectively communicating critical product decisions to the wider company to help ensure that you leverage the ideas and resources of the larger organization
In addition to the Merge Gardens team, your closest colleagues will be our finance, marketing and business people. You will also regularly update the whole company on the findings or progress of your area. This is a new position at Futureplay and we wish that through your open and no-nonsense type of a personality, you will be able to create a straightforward and effective way of working with the team.
Your work will be measured by Merge Gardens P&L and revenue growth, as well as integration with the game team and other internal stakeholders.
We expect you to have previous experience in a Product Owner or Executive Producer role in mobile games, as well as a deep understanding of the market and competitor games. You live and breathe mobile games. You have excellent data analysis and mathematical skills, SQL query skills are a plus. You have previously managed a mobile product’s P&Ls. You have strong project management skills. With your communication skills you’re able to turn complex concepts into easily understandable entities. You have the ability to lead by example and communicate expectations in a low hierarchy organisation. You preferably have a technical degree.
In return, you’ll get:
- True ownership and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
At Futureplay, we're a bunch of free-spirited individuals who get our kicks out of creating great mobile games loved by players the world over.
We launched in 2015 with a vision to release the right games at the right time, ship quickly, and work smart. In the short years since we’ve grown to more than 35 people and our five games have been played more than 125 million times - but more importantly we’ve stayed true to our flat hierarchy.
And we’re big on that: being flat means we’re lean, streamlined and committed to protecting ourselves from hellish corporate structures like middle management. We each own a piece of the company, and every day we all put our heart and soul into making Futureplay that little bit better, with an unrelenting focus on results over processes and taking action. In short? We get shit done.
Building on the success of our Idle Empire portfolio, our game Battlelands Royale was named one of Google Play’s best games of the year. We currently have multiple projects across different genres in early development, and our latest release Merge Gardens, launched autumn 2020, is set to be our biggest hit yet.