Futureplay is a six-year-old Finnish mobile game studio located in Helsinki. We're a small, experienced, and committed group of 37 people working hard to create great mobile games that last. Our latest release Merge Gardens is on track to become a global hit, whilst our portfolio also includes Farm Masters, currently in soft launch, as well as genre stalwarts like Battlelands Royale and Idle Farming Empire.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Analyst to join Futureplay’s Central team in Helsinki, Finland. This is a key role in the team, in which you’ll have a direct impact on our performance marketing processes, with the clear focus of empowering both our marketing and game teams to make data-driven decisions and ensure Futureplay’s long-term success.
Data tech in gaming is at the forefront of innovation - we handle millions of events per day - and you’re here to make us rise to the top. With your expertise in modelling and data analysis, you’ll help our marketing team achieve increased efficiency and profitability by identifying the correct signals in the data and turning them into actionable insights. You’ll design new experiments, monitor their performance and communicate the results to all the relevant parties. Day-to-day you’ll work closely with other analysts, performance marketing managers, data engineers and the larger marketing team.
In the long run, your input and ideas will not only contribute to our company-wide skill set and business goals but as a professional and a great colleague you will also impact our company culture. Before all of this, we will, however, help you to get to know the team and our ways of working to ensure a smooth transition into our work community and your new role.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Main area of focus is to work with our performance marketing managers to optimize campaign performance and make our games more successful!
- You’d define, create and maintain BI dashboards that enable our marketing team to utilize the data
- Develop statistical models (e.g. forecasting & LTV) and tools for UA optimization
- Recommend new data collection opportunities, e.g. integrating new 3rd party data providers and work closely with data engineer to design pipelines for these new data sources
- Design and evaluate new experiments regarding our ad creatives, ASO and campaigns structures
- Analyse marketing and gameplay data and provide your key findings to technical and non-technical team members using dashboards, reports or notebooks
- Work with our games teams to add new tracking events to our games that help us better understand our players and improve our LTV prediction capabilities
- Learn & innovate! – Data Analytics is a fast-moving field and we want you to be up to date and apply new learnings
To succeed in this role you most probably have:
- A degree in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences.
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst/scientist in a related field like games, advertising, finance or BI
- Previous experience using some BI tool such as Looker, Qlick, Tableau or similar
- Proficiency of data querying with SQL
- Proficiency with Python or other relevant scripting language/experience with Jupyter/Collab
- Solid understanding of industry standard statistical methods like A/B testing, Bayesian optimisation and forecasting
- Ability to turn these analyses into purposeful action and the confidence to present to multiple people with the ability to clearly and concisely explain key findings
- Advanced experience in the application of ML from concept to production
- Experience working with App Attribution Services such as Appsflyer or Singular
- Experience working with Advertising Channels such as FAN, AdWords, Unity
In return, you’ll get:
- True ownership and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish gaming veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 35 people.
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent but can achieve much more under their wings.
We’re a streamlined, lean, no bullshit organisation with a truly flat structure. Everything else follows.
Please note that we only accept applications sent via our Careers site.
Please be informed that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find the match.