We’re looking for passionate Junior Game Programmers to join us!
As a Junior Game Programmer your task is to develop the best, engaging, fun and innovative games while working in an experienced team of programmers, artists, designers and analysts. You’ll take part in all aspects of game development on our hit game Merge Gardens. Working mostly in Unity, you’ll be responsible for creating awesome gameplay while driving the dynamic Futureplay mentality from start to finish.
- 1-2 years of game development experience (professional or non-professional)
- Experience with Unity and C#
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Great teamwork skills
- Passionate, self-driven and proactive attitude
- Experience with mobile platforms and tech used in mobile game development
- Ability to write clean and optimized code
- Full-time position
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the best game companies in Finland
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Get to work in an exciting and agile environment
- Space to grow and learn
- Flat hierarchy and support in learning to navigate in it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in the world
In your first month you’ll:
- Get to know the project, the tools, the practices and the technologies we are using
- Go through onboarding and get a full overview of all the aspects of game development, including user acquisition and analytics
- Get mentored by a senior development team
In the coming months and onwards you'll:
- Work as a member of a development team, participating in the development from start to finish.
- Take responsibility on an individual level while being supported by your co-workers.
- Have the possibility to develop your skills based on your interests.
How to apply
Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter, CV and a portfolio with code samples. Please note that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find a match.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 35 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don't meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent, but can achieve much more under their wings.