We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Backend Developer to join us!
As a Senior Backend Developer your task is to develop backend solutions to support Futureplay’s engaging, fun and innovative games while working in an experienced team of programmers, artists, designers and analysts. You will participate in the development of our hit game Merge Gardens, as well as upcoming projects. Within the game team your responsibilities will include creating robust, flexible solutions for optimal gameplay fit. We invite you to join a fast-moving team that has the power and responsibility to make informed decisions quickly, aiming for the best possible product.
- Take a leading role in spearheading new backend initiatives to support our current and future games
- Be responsible for the overall architecture and direction of our backend systems
- Engage actively with game teams on game design to ensure a good fit between game and backend services
- Guide and support others in daily work
- Maintain good communication with the team and proactively seek feedback
- Work across teams and be ready to share knowledge and help others
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Good familiarity with cloud computing and developing cloud-based solutions
- Drive to build simple elegant solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to utilize open source and other available technologies
- Experience in Unity and C#/.NET
- Understanding of free-to-play games and metrics
- Agile DevOps mindset
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the best game companies in Finland
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Get to work in an exciting and agile environment
- Space to grow and learn
- Flat hierarchy and support in learning to navigate in it
- Work in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in the world
How to apply
Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter and a CV. Please note that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find a match.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 35 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don't meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent, but can achieve much more under their wings.