We are looking for a talented data analyst or engineer to take ownership of our data backend and analytical functions at Futureplay.
As a lead you will be the primary point of contact between wider stakeholders and our world class team of 5 data analysts and engineers. You’ll be the go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for the team.
Teams and individuals self-manage in Futureplay’s low-hierarchy organization, so you’ll also have plenty of time to get ‘hands on’ with projects & analyses that excite you and improve our data capabilities. You’re a perfect match if you enjoy combining strategic business thinking, team building, communication & technical skills in your daily work.
- Act as the main point of contact for our data team to exchange information with all teams at Futureplay and our parent company Plarium.
- Work closely with data engineers, game analysts and marketing analysts to provide oversight on current challenges and goals.
- Take an active part in defining our data strategy, roadmap & prioritization.
- Get ‘hands on’ developing data solutions where you see you can provide the most value, such as monitoring KPIs, one off analyses, data automations or backend development.
- Help mentor and motivate the data team to develop their skills through support and sparring, empowering them to innovate and achieve their best.
- Advanced SQL (with big data warehouse structures).
- Advanced visualization in BI tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Strong experience with mobile marketing, game analytics, and/or financial forecasting.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills as part of a multidisciplinary and diverse team.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and ability to work independently.
- Located within a European time-zone, preferably in Helsinki.
- A strong understanding of the mobile games ecosystem and development practices.
- Previous successes in team leadership and directing data strategy.
- A proactive approach to guiding decisions and planning for the future.
- A love for diverse, low-hierarchy organizations.
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the best game companies in Finland
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate in it
- Hybrid work model with main office in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe
- Relocation support, if needed
How to apply
Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter and CV. Please note that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find a match.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 50 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don't meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We’ve a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent, but can achieve much more under their wings.