We’re looking for a passionate Level Designer to join our team on our flagship title Merge Gardens.
Your role is to create a fun, engaging, innovative match-3 level experience for millions of players. You’ll be designing new levels and mechanics, optimizing our existing level funnel in response to data, and managing the creation of new levels via outsourcing partners. You will be working closely with our family of designers, artists, engineers and analysts to execute on an engaging in-game experience.
- Own the process of new M3 level development in merge gardens.
- Ownership over the quality and experience of existing levels.
- Regularly optimize new and existing levels by analyzing gameplay data.
- Design new elements and mechanics for the game.
- Conduct competitor research and AB tests to understand and optimize difficulty curves and mechanics.
- 2+ years experience in mobile puzzle game level design, with a track record of creating innovative puzzle levels that drive a games’ growth.
- A passion for casual mobile games with a strong understanding of top grossing match-3 games, the mobile games ecosystem, and development practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A strong ability to self-manage and prioritize workload to deliver business growth while maintaining a healthy ‘Nordic’ work-life balance.
- You value humility, accountability, and inclusivity in a low-hierarchy organization.
- We also admire:
- An enthusiasm for exploring and manipulating data.
- A passion for workload automation using, for example, GSheets.
- Unity frontend design and setup skills.
- Experience in other disciplines including art, programming, ux etc.
- True ownership and responsibility in a top Finnish games company
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great, caring community working in an agile environment
- Strong focus on employee wellbeing
- Space to grow and learn
- Low hierarchy and support in learning to navigate within it
- Work fully remotely within EU timezone or in Helsinki, one of the most relevant game development capitals in Europe.
- Relocation support, open to discussion
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since, we have released seven titles that have been played by over 120 million people worldwide, and expanded our team to more than 70 people.
We focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the recent acquisition by Plarium we’ll stay independent, but can achieve much more under their wings.
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don't meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply!
How to apply
If you are passionate about games and want to work on a successful casual game in a low-hierarchy community of talented game developers, we want to hear from you! Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter and CV.