Are you a backend or full-stack software engineer who finds joy in crafting scalable, tested, change tolerant, and easy to maintain code to support millions of players?
At Futureplay, we are a fun, ambitious, and driven team in which you'll get to take responsibility for your work, learn, and make things happen. We are passionate yet humble, and always eager to find ways to do things better.
If this sounds like the environment you'd like to work in, we'd love to talk.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain server side functionality for Futureplay's games
- Develop, deploy, and maintain internal live operations tools
- Work closely with game programmers and other game developers to support them in their server side needs
We expect from you:
- Experience in backend software development (We use Go as our server programming language)
- A good understanding of document databases (We use MongoDB as the main database)
- A DevOps attitude: as a lean and fast moving team, we believe it's important that everyone is comfortable working with CI tools and taking code from design to production
- Experience working with containers and Kubernetes
- Experience from at least one major cloud provider (We use Google Cloud Platform)
- A willingness to learn and change your mind, keeping your eye on industry best practices
- Good and friendly written and spoken communication in English
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and automated testing
Some pluses we appreciate:
- Experience in (or willingness to learn) frontend development using React
- Basic understanding of monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, log aggregation)
- Experience working with Terraform
- Experience with Linux shell and scripting languages
- Previous experience working on live games with high amounts of daily active users is a plus. However, similar experience also from other fields of web software can be a good fit as well.
- Experience working with C# and Unity
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the best gaming companies in Finland
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great working conditions in an exciting and agile environment
- Space to grow and learn
- A hybrid work model with a main office in Helsinki
- Remote work within the EU timezone is also possible
How to apply
Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter and CV. Please note that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find a match.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since we have released seven titles that have been played by over 150 million people worldwide and expanded our team to over 70 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don't meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We have a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the acquisition by Plarium we stay independent but can achieve much more under their wings.