We are looking for a resourceful, curious, and enthusiastic game programmer to join our team.
As a game programmer, you will work closely with designers, artists, programmers, and other game developers, participating in various areas of our hit game Merge Gardens. Working mostly in Unity, you will be responsible for creating awesome gameplay while making sure the codebase remains maintainable and fun to work on for years to come.
As a part of our fun, ambitious, and driven team, you will get to take responsibility for your work, learn, and make things happen. We are passionate yet humble, and always eager to find ways to make things better.
If this sounds like the environment you would like to work in, let’s talk!
We expect from you:
- 3+ years of professional (mobile) game development experience
- Demonstrated ability to write clean and maintainable code
- Experience in Unity and C# from previous projects
- Clear and friendly spoken and written communication in English
- Willingness and ability to work well with others in a hybrid (remote/on-site) team
Pluses we also appreciate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience in working on a live game
- Being quick to grasp existing code and jump in to fix issues
- A humble and open mind, always willing to learn
- Experience in reactive programming (UniRx)
- Experience optimizing games for mobile devices
- Experience in automated testing in Unity
- Experience in graphics programming
- Experience in other game engines and programming languages
- Experience in working with and integrating third-party services and plugins
- Understanding the metrics of free-to-play
- True ownership and responsibility in one of the best gaming companies in Finland
- Competitive salary and benefits, flexible working hours
- Great working conditions in an exciting and agile environment
- Space to grow and learn
- A hybrid work model with a main office in Helsinki
- Remote work within the EU timezone is also possible
How to apply
Please apply through our Career site by sending us your cover letter, CV, and code sample (or GitHub link). Please note that we may start discussions with the most suitable candidates during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as we find a match.
Futureplay was founded in 2015 by a team of five Finnish game industry veterans who shared a vision to transform the way mobile games are played around the world. In the short years since we have released seven titles that have been played by over 150 million people worldwide and expanded our team to over 70 people.
At Futureplay, we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment and providing the same opportunities for everyone. We value people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas, so even if you feel like you don't meet all the requirements listed here but feel that you have the potential, we encourage you to apply! We carefully review each and every application and would really love to hear from you!
We have a focus on creating beautifully designed, easy-to-pick-up-and-play mobile games, and our portfolio includes successful games like Idle Farming Empire, Battlelands Royale & Merge Gardens. With the acquisition by Plarium we stay independent but can achieve much more under their wings.